Finally industry is starting to get it! The 'it' I am referring to is the inextricable link (if you excuse the pun) between SEO, PR & Media Communication.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is all about building your reputation, getting third-party endorsement and on a simple level, just being found. But wait - that’s what editorial content (Public Relations or PR if you like) also does.
Who knew? Fact is that whilst to journalists and PR writers are starting to make this link, it is obvious or perhaps even logical, to those not in the content creation field. So here are some SEO tips and advice on SEO bascs.
According to Matt Cutts in his recent piece “The PR Approach to Link Building”, every piece of content should be engineered to enhance your reputation.
In practical terms Cutts says that you should:
- Post unique, original content that positions you as a leader in your field.
- Provide real value to people looking for information on your chosen topic (for example: SEO services for lawyers).
- Write interesting, useful, even educational articles with.
- Post content that offers insights not found elsewhere.
- Produce interesting, original images and videos that enhance and extend a story.
- Create compelling, well-designed infographics with accurate information that help people quickly grasp complex information.
- Make genuine content partnerships with other relevant sites or blogs that want your content because it has value for their readers.
- Post content that will spark conversation in social media.
In other words, content creation (PR) enhances SEO by focusing on what’s newsworthy, writing a great story, finding editorial opportunities, getting coverage and increasing your brands’ online traffic.
It’s like taking your SEO campaign and sticking a turbocharger on it!
According to Lindsey Kirchoff, a Media and Speaker Relations specialist at HubSpot.com, "…PR helps SEO generate inbound links from quality sources that not only gets first-touch exposure to new audiences, but credibility in the eyes of search engines”.
“SEO establishes credibility for PR for keywords. You look much more credible to a news source if you come up high for the term they are reporting on!”
So if by reading this you are starting to think that SEO looks more and more like the soul mate of PR & Media Communication then you are spot on. Don't forget, SEO services Australian and takes it to the world.
After all, it’s all about your content.