Helping you on your HubSpot Journey
We'll build you a website that beautifully positions your business and enables your company to grow.
Our 5-Step Website Design Process
What to expect working with us
We've been building websites for more than 10 years now - and in that time we've learnt a few key lessons on how to make a new website development successful.
Below is a quick overview of the process we use when working with our clients - to ensure they are delivered a HubSpot website that is functional, beautiful and focussed on their business goals.
Our process has five stages:
- 01 Research
- 02 Content
- 03 Design
- 04 Build
- 05 Go Live
Stage 1 - Research
We begin by making sure we have a clear understanding of the business goals, key products and services you want to promote on your website, the ideal customers you are trying to target, what's unique about your company over your competitors and the benefits your customers get from working with you.
The process includes understanding your technical requirements (eg ecommerce, integration processes) and back-end processes the site needs to support.
We prepare a briefing document which we get you to check over to make sure we've got it all right. This document also outlines the pages that you need us to design and the type of information that will be on each page.
This step typically takes us a week or two.
Stage 2 - Content
Next, we ask you to send us all of the content you have available for us to use on your new website. This includes things like logo files, images, videos, copy, contact details, social media profiles and the like.
We set up a folder for you to upload all of this information - this makes it easy for you to send large files (like images and video) and means we keep all of the information in one place.
If you don't have all of the content ready or if you don't have some, don't worry, we can use some stock images and we can help you write some copy if needed.
Stage 3 - Design
Based on the research and the content, we then start to work on the design of your new website. We start with the front page (home page) because this is the key page on your website and it informs the design of the other pages. We send you the design to review and comment on and then we make changes to the design based on your feedback. We usually get it pretty well right the first or second go but we give you three revision rounds of each page to make sure.
Once you've signed off on the home page, we then move onto the other pages (called internal pages), and we work through the same revision process with you.
Once all of the pages have been designed and you've signed them off, we then move onto the next stage.
Good design takes time so we don't rush through this stage. It can take 4 weeks or so to get the whole design finished.
Alternatively, if you already have pages designed, we will use them and skip this step.
Stage 4 - Build
Next, we bring the approved designs to life. If you already have a website, we keep that live while we are working on the redesigned site. We work on a staging site which can't be seen by Google or customers. It can only be seen by us and you when we share it.
We add the content we gathered from you, and we can copy content from your old website too. We make sure your new website looks great on all devices - desktop, tablet and mobile and works on different browsers.
This takes around 2-4 weeks depending on how many pages we need to develop and how much content we need to add to the website.
Stage 5 - Go Live
Once the site build is finished, we then test to make sure it all works as it should on all devices, make sure there are no typos or broken bits and make sure that Google knows what your site is about.
Here's the key deliverables for your new site:
Inclusions and Exclusions
We highly value our customer relationships and we do our best to make sure you're happy with the work we do. We find it helps to make sure we are both on the same page from the start about what's included and what's not to avoid any confusion later on.
- Content: We rely on you to provide us with content for your site but we can provide stock images/stock video if needed. We can also create custom images and illustrations if required.
- Design: The number of pages included in the design is based on the typical requirements of a mid-level site. As a guide, a typical corporate website has around 15 different page layouts.
- Revisions: We allow for up to three revisions per page but we're pretty flexible within reason.
- Development: The site will be developed on HubSpot and will look good on all devices - desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Forms & Email Integrations: We will create contact and/or quote forms and will integrate these with your non-HubSpot email marketing software (if there are any) - e.g. MailChimp.
- Content population: We will populate content on the site, including product pages, services pages, blog posts, general pages, etc. As a guide, we usually anticipate building out approximately 30-50 pages in a typical corporate website.
- Quality Assurance Testing: We have testing and quality assurance processes, and will have our in-house QA team vet all websites we deploy.
- Analytics & Reporting Setup: We will make sure Google indexes your website and will set up Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console as required.
- Personalised Photography & Video: We can provide stock imagery or photos & video you provide, but we don't take on-site photos or video of your business.
- Copywriting: We can assist with key messages for pages but in-depth website copywriting (eg sales copywriting) is not included. If required, we can provide this service at an additional cost.
- Email Marketing setup and implementation: If you have specific email follow-up processes (eg nurture workflows, abandoned cart automation and other marketing processes), you will need to advise specifics in order for us to integrate them into the site. If required, we can work with you to implement marketing processes as an additional service.
- Ongoing site updates: We'd love to work closely with you in an ongoing arrangement, to help with website updates, marketing strategy and campaigns. If interested, these services can be discussed separately.
- CLEAN theme: This will need to be purchased by you from the HubSpot Marketplace.